Why Students pursue CA course

This discussion is constructive appraisal of Accountancy in India and Accountancy Bodies have on the business. The focus will be from point of view of public interest and other stakeholders. Members are expected to discuss from point of view of current legislation prevailing in India and also contrast with international practises. Discuss on MRAs and MOU between the accounting bodies.

This is a open forum. Please share your opinion in professional manner or else face moderation.
Forum rules

This discussion is constructive appraisal of Accountancy in India and Accountancy Bodies have on the business. The focus will be from point of view of public interest and other stakeholders. Members are expected to discuss from point of view of current legislation prevailing in India and also contrast with international practises.

This is a open forum. Please share your opinion in professional manner or else face moderation.

Re: Why Students pursue CA course

Postby himalendubose on Fri May 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Most of the time, companies prefer hiring resources from Audit firms with which they are associated. This is particularly true up to Manager level.

I feel members working in Top cost audit firms, have the opportunity of gaining a lot, in terms of exposure, before joining the industry.

I feel proud of members such as Raman, Gopalakrishnan, Kunal and others having due qualification of CA & CMA making immense contribution towards the profession.

I salute such members and regret seeing members such as, the head of ICICI bank writing article stating that CMA course was taken up as a part time course.

ACA and ACMA dual qualification holders have made much more contribution to the profession then the MBA & ACMA dual qualification holders.

CMA centers such as Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, NCR have real good quality of students and members in the country.
himalendubose

Full Name: Himalendu Bose
Education: ICWAI
Year of Membership or Passing: 1997
ICAI (CMA) Membership: ACMA

Postby chinnasreddy on Fri May 10, 2013 5:07 pm

Now, from the stand point of recent notifications and orders from GOVT,CMA profession has got some statutory recognition and much more better than earlier situation .
urgent need of the hour is to follow up of the implementation of the GOVT orders and notifications by both MCA from GOVT side and our Institute from professional side . At the same time and above all we the CMA fraternity should keep in mind that success of the profession is dependent mainly on our performance .
chinnasreddy

Full Name: C Sudhakar Reddy
Education: Mcom FCMA
Year of Membership or Passing: 1991
ICAI (CMA) Membership: FCMA

Postby cmagururajan on Tue May 14, 2013 11:47 pm

ANRaman wrote:Dear Friends
Today morning I read in Chennai papers that all toppers in accountancy and commerce plus two toppers of Tamil Nadu aspiring to become chartered accountant. The market and the customers are very clear in their signals. Who is there to listen ?

CMA A.N.Raman

I appreciate that the market is efficient.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
cmagururajan

Full Name: CMA C K Guruajan
Education: BSc , AICWA
Year of Membership or Passing: 2005

Postby RVR on Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 am

Today's paper carries a story of Newspaper vending boy from Bangalore getting admitted to IIM, Kolkatta.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/NAT-TOP-newspaper-vendor-bells-the-cat-gets-entry-into-iim-calcutta-4263950-NOR.html?OTS=

Few years back son of a idli selling lady of Chennai got admission to IIM Ahmedabad. After completing the course, the boy has become an entrepreneur

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/1041294/report-this-iim-grad-sells-idlis

Getting admission in IIM is very difficult IIM is also a very costly course. But once selectd, banks are willing lend money. People from poorer sections of our society are taking up MBA courses from IIM courses.

On the contrary accounting/secretarial courses in India are very cheap In fact CA courses will result in revenue surplus if you take the stipend during article ship period. CMA/CS could be pursued on part time basis along with some regular employment on "Earn while you learn" principle.

At plus two level most of the bright students take up Science/Maths subjects to pursue Engineering/Medical. Very few students take up commerce subjects. Personally I feel "accounting" offers a good career but I am unable to convince bright youngsters of the present generation to pursue the same. I am just telling my experience and I may be wrong also.
Last edited by RVR on Wed May 15, 2013 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
'Let Noble Thoughts come to us from all sides' – Rigveda 1-89-i.
RVR

Full Name: R Venkataramani
Education: B Sc, ACMA
Year of Membership or Passing: 1981

Is CA degree useless now? asks, CA student

Postby bvprabhakar on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:55 pm

लागत और प्रबंधन लेखाकार
விலை மதிப்பீட்டு மற்றும் நிறுவாகம் கணக்கர்
దారణ మరియు నిర్వాహకం గణకుడు
ಮೂಲ್ಯ ಮತ್ತು ನಿರ್ವಾಹಣೆ ಲೆಕ್ಕಿಗ
لاگت اور انتظام لیھاکار
コストと管理会計
التكلفة ومحاسب الإدارة
Kosten-und Management Accountant
bvprabhakar

Full Name: PRABHAKAR B.V.
Education: B.Com,MBA,FCMA,ACS,ACCA (UK),ACMA(UK),CPA(USA)
Year of Membership or Passing: 1989
ICAI (CMA) Membership: FCMA

Postby rakeshkataria on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:55 am

May 2013 result CA is v.good. final 1st group 13% and second group 18%
rakeshkataria
CMA.

Full Name: Rakesh Kataria
Education: B.Com, M.Com., ACMA
Year of Membership or Passing: 2010

Previous