Why Students pursue CA course

This discussion is constructive appraisal of Accountancy in India and Accountancy Bodies have on the business. The focus will be from point of view of public interest and other stakeholders. Members are expected to discuss from point of view of current legislation prevailing in India and also contrast with international practises. Discuss on MRAs and MOU between the accounting bodies.

This is a open forum. Please share your opinion in professional manner or else face moderation.
Forum rules

This discussion is constructive appraisal of Accountancy in India and Accountancy Bodies have on the business. The focus will be from point of view of public interest and other stakeholders. Members are expected to discuss from point of view of current legislation prevailing in India and also contrast with international practises.

This is a open forum. Please share your opinion in professional manner or else face moderation.

Why Students pursue CA course

Postby cmagururajan on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:35 pm

Dear All,

Here is yet another reason, that students pursue a course in Chartered Accounting

The great extent to which ICAI(Best) stretches itself to serve its student community is well proved by its efforts to launch a TV Channel for accounting education. I am awed at the pace of development in
ICAI (Best).

Compare it with ICWAI. Dear Students please understand that You dont have the option to receive a certified copy of your answer sheets easily, rather you must take the RTI route and may have to move to the courts to get a copy, which may be too too time consuming and hence unaffordable. Now ICWAI goes for a tendering process , for selecting Exam Management System , I was hopeful that ICWAI may address the lacuna that is in certified copies of the answer sheets, whereas I am shocked to see details confirm that the status quo will prevail. While ICWAI is being fed so well to its neck and nose all only bcos of students fees, why shouldnt they provide students with tools and means to finish the course.

I have started denoting ICAI as ICAI(Best) because they deserve it.

http://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/accounting-regulator-icai-plans-to-launch-tv-channel-113040800350_1.html
Last edited by bvprabhakar on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
cmagururajan

Full Name: CMA C K Guruajan
Education: BSc , AICWA
Year of Membership or Passing: 2005
ICAI (CMA) Membership: ACMA

Re: Why Students pursue CA course

Postby bvprabhakar on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:40 am

Dear CMA Gururajan,

This portal has been established for promoting the profession of ICAI-CMA and not ICAI-old.

While we may justifiably frustrated at the relatively slow pace of progress of the profession, going to the extent of ridiculing our Institute is not the right course and discouraging the students is not healthy. Such actions will only further damage the profession which is contrary to the objective of establishing this portal.

What is needed is constructive criticism and positive suggestions. Take pride that ICAI-CMA is a primier Institute established by Parliament and has certain standard, value and expectations from the stakeholders - the Government, the industry and the society. You, as a member, have every right and responsibility to take the lead and initiative. I would suggest that you being such a passionate member, may stand in election as Council member and start contributing to the progress of the Institute. I am sure most of the registered members in this portal would support your candidature. Instead of being backbencher, please take the lead.

Regards,
लागत और प्रबंधन लेखाकार
விலை மதிப்பீட்டு மற்றும் நிறுவாகம் கணக்கர்
దారణ మరియు నిర్వాహకం గణకుడు
ಮೂಲ್ಯ ಮತ್ತು ನಿರ್ವಾಹಣೆ ಲೆಕ್ಕಿಗ
لاگت اور انتظام لیھاکار
コストと管理会計
التكلفة ومحاسب الإدارة
Kosten-und Management Accountant
bvprabhakar

Full Name: PRABHAKAR B.V.
Education: B.Com,MBA,FCMA,ACS,ACCA (UK),ACMA(UK),CPA(USA)
Year of Membership or Passing: 1989
ICAI (CMA) Membership: FCMA

Postby AJAY_ICWA_2000 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:50 pm

Yes I agree with Mr. Prabhakar. We all have our frustrations and anguish against our dear insitute but again prasing our rival insitute will not serve any purpose.
I come from industry and has gone through lot of discrimination while applying jobs or competing with peers from ICAl(OLD) as preference is always given to CA(OLD) but have not lost hope as i firmly believe given a fair chance our people will always superceed our rival members.
Surely there are ceratin steps which our insitutes should have taken so that we have to struggle less in the market. Indeed we should be optimistic and ensure to help each other in what ever we can do so that our faternity should have strong presence in the market.
AJAY_ICWA_2000

Full Name: AJAY ARORA
Education: ICWA
Year of Membership or Passing: 2000

Postby ANRaman on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:39 pm

Dear Shri BV P,
Your views are okay to some extent. However you will get into another type of frustration once you get elected into the council with the kind of ideas vociferous members have.
The solution is to create an all india drive so that like minded members like Mr Gururajan get elected from all regions. We need 8 such type of members. two from each region out of the total 15. If this cannot be done then better Shri Gururajan continues to do what he is doing.
CMA A.N.Raman
ANRaman

Education: B.Com FICWA FSCMA ACA
Year of Membership or Passing: 1984

Postby cmagururajan on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Dear BVP,

I am happy to note that you have edited my post and I honestly appreciate your moderating ability. I am happier to realise the love that you have for ICWAI.This portal is replete with hundreds of suggestions, if implemented will work a great deal of good for all the stake holders and the nation at large.Unfortunately none have been acted upon. In my earlier post I had mentioned about the fate of vital suggestions that had been forwarded to appropriate authorities and all have been brutally neglected and sent to trash. The situation being so incorrigible, in the better interest of the MOST vital stake holder the STUDENT, I had spelt my position and that is as a whistle blower. I dont have any self interest in articulating this position. Infact I am spending a fraction of my most valuable time in this.

Is it unreasonable for me to expect,

The Institute

1.make available facilities like providing certified copies of answer sheets to our beloved students. This facility will make unsuccessful students understand the cause of their failure and help them in improving their chances to pass.

2. Act as a strong assurance activity , where from the student is assured of the objectivity of the correction process.

3. While the SC itself has held that its the right of the student to be able to view his corrected answer sheets , then in all wisdom ICWAI must ensure that the students receive such assurance , if they ever decide to seek it,but ICWAI SHOULD ensure that students are not made to suffer a lengthy compliance process of getting that through RTI, rather it has to accept the inevitable and make that process as simple as possible as the ICAI (Best) has done since a few attempts ago. Such proactiveness shows the intelligence and commitment of the Institution.

4. Is there timely dissemination of info on the publication of updated study materials and supplementary study materials for students in the official website. Isnt it a vital info! What we see are links mentioning increase in fees etc. While the Institute has the right to increase the fees for students and members as and when necessitated, dont they have a duty to discharge atleast commensurate to the fees paid.

5.What is the media engagement and exposure that is caused to our successful students.Without engaging media meaningfully for the common good , how can the Brand be built to what we deserve.

6. See the slew of welfare measures that ICAI(Best) undertakes for its members, I am really awed. This is a HONEST APPRAISAL. in tamil Unnmai verum pugazhchi illai.translated as IT'S TRUTH and NOT FLATTERY.
a. Facilities for ICAI(Best) members
http://icai.org.in/

b. Facility for creating website for ICAI(Best) members

c. ICAI(Best) XBRL software for members !Where is the XBRL software for ICWAI members . Please note that Even though ICAI BEST charges for the software after 2 years of intial usage, such support gives the members the time to have a touch and feel of the software. Also such softwares are reasonably priced.

d. KDoc E Secretary

e. Tax suite , the member can opt for a Cloud based suite as well.

Many more welfare measures are undertaken by ICAI(Best) to the 2 important stake holders, the members and the students, hence my counseling that I feel best, in public interest.

For students of ICAI Best,to name very few, provides the best of the class study materials and assurance facilities to view their corrected answer sheets.

Regards
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
cmagururajan

Postby AJAY_ICWA_2000 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:07 pm

Is it unreasonable for me to expect,

The Institute

1.make available facilities like providing certified copies of answer sheets to our beloved students. This facility will make unsuccessful students understand the cause of their failure and help them in improving their chances to pass.

2. Act as a strong assurance activity , where from the student is assured of the objectivity of the correction process.

3. While the SC itself has held that its the right of the student to be able to view his corrected answer sheets , then in all wisdom ICWAI must ensure that the students receive such assurance , if they ever decide to seek it,but ICWAI SHOULD ensure that students are not made to suffer a lengthy compliance process of getting that through RTI, rather it has to accept the inevitable and make that process as simple as possible as the ICAI (Best) has done since a few attempts ago. Such proactiveness shows the intelligence and commitment of the Institution.

4. Is there timely dissemination of info on the publication of updated study materials and supplementary study materials for students in the official website. Isnt it a vital info! What we see are links mentioning increase in fees etc. While the Institute has the right to increase the fees for students and members as and when necessitated, dont they have a duty to discharge atleast commensurate to the fees paid.

5.What is the media engagement and exposure that is caused to our successful students.Without engaging media meaningfully for the common good , how can the Brand be built to what we deserve.

6. See the slew of welfare measures that ICAI(Best) undertakes for its members, I am really awed. This is a HONEST APPRAISAL. in tamil Unnmai verum pugazhchi illai.translated as IT'S TRUTH and NOT FLATTERY.
a. Facilities for ICAI(Best) members
http://icai.org.in/

b. Facility for creating website for ICAI(Best) members

c. ICAI(Best) XBRL software for members !Where is the XBRL software for ICWAI members . Please note that Even though ICAI BEST charges for the software after 2 years of intial usage, such support gives the members the time to have a touch and feel of the software. Also such softwares are reasonably priced.

d. KDoc E Secretary

e. Tax suite , the member can opt for a Cloud based suite as well.

Many more welfare measures are undertaken by ICAI(Best) to the 2 important stake holders, the members and the students, hence my counseling that I feel best, in public interest.

For students of ICAI Best,to name very few, provides the best of the class study materials and assurance facilities to view their corrected answer sheets

Yes Mr. Gurujan it is totally unacceptable all this is too much to ask from people who are running our beloved insitute. They are not bothered about their membres how can they bother about its students. I gave you one instance related to myself I had deposited my annual membership in cash in lodi road new delhi office on 19th february for fiscal year 2012-13 I deposited it late. But till date my membership is not activated. Have contacted our delhi office staff and also send mail to 'membership.prova@icwai.org' but all in vain.

So kindly stop expecting and just leave everything on almighty God
AJAY_ICWA_2000

Postby bvprabhakar on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:25 pm

My friend CMA Gururajan,

I also have bitter experiences with the Administration of the Institute at various stages.

I quote a recent case. I tried to pay membership fee online for almost one year but in vain. I sent various emails to the Institute President, the IT in-charge, etc., but they could not solve the issue. Finally, I followed the primitive route of sending the fees by demand draft. Luckily, the Institute received it and the same is updated in the website as paid.

In India, we have politiicans who are running the country. There is rampant corruption everywhere, failure of law & order and utter chaos. One shameful politician goes to the extent of talking about urinating to fill the dams (when the common man is suffering for want of drinking water).

Still you do not hate our country and start praising Pakistan or China or USA.

Regards,
लागत और प्रबंधन लेखाकार
விலை மதிப்பீட்டு மற்றும் நிறுவாகம் கணக்கர்
దారణ మరియు నిర్వాహకం గణకుడు
ಮೂಲ್ಯ ಮತ್ತು ನಿರ್ವಾಹಣೆ ಲೆಕ್ಕಿಗ
لاگت اور انتظام لیھاکار
コストと管理会計
التكلفة ومحاسب الإدارة
Kosten-und Management Accountant
bvprabhakar

Full Name: PRABHAKAR B.V.
Education: B.Com,MBA,FCMA,ACS,ACCA (UK),ACMA(UK),CPA(USA)
Year of Membership or Passing: 1989

Postby cmagururajan on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:53 pm

AJAY_ICWA_2000 wrote: I gave you one instance related to myself I had deposited my annual membership in cash in lodi road new delhi office on 19th february for fiscal year 2012-13 I deposited it late. But till date my membership is not activated. Have contacted our delhi office staff and also send mail to 'membership.prova@icwai.org' but all in vain.

Dear Ajay,

Have you carefully preserved the receipt issued to you. If so please send a mail with scanned copy of the receipt to the membership dept at calcutta. That may help u. Even if that fails send a mail to President marking a cc to all other council members. That WILL SOLVE YOUR problem.
cmagururajan

Postby AJAY_ICWA_2000 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:29 pm

Dear Guru,

Thanks I have sent mails to 'membership.prova@icwai.org' and 'membership.rb@icwai.org' but have not received any response. Please let me know the president mail id if you have.
AJAY_ICWA_2000

Postby cmagururajan on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:25 pm

The mail ids can be accessed from the following links

http://icmai.in/aboutus/councilmembers
cmagururajan

Next

Return to Accountancy Profession in India