MoUs signed at NCC 2015

This forum is for sharing with members of public the information related to ICAI, Chapters, Members, Students etc.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing with members of public the information related to ICAI, Chapters, Members, Students etc. for which there is NO DEDICATED Forum on the Portal.

Re: MoUs signed at NCC 2015

Postby Sanket on Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:27 pm

I liked CIMA MoU
Sanket

Postby ISWAR on Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:13 pm

I think CIMA UK gave the same exemption to ICAI- CMA as like as given to CPA -USA to become a CGMA.
ISWAR

Postby sudhakaricwai on Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:42 pm

I don't think so, we have to wait for complete info.

Did any one attended NCC from this group? I understood both the guests Mr.Arun Jaitly and Mr.Chandrababu Naidu skipped this meeting and also Guest attended (Mr.Venkaiah) did not speak single word abot CMA profession :(
sudhakaricwai

Postby chinnasreddy on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:02 pm

Our ministers (GOVT) are not aware of the use of CMA profession and our Institute is conducting this type of programs among ourselves with out public awareness.
Need of the hour is to bring awareness among the public about the use of CMA profession, which will not happen due to vested interests in the country.
chinnasreddy

Postby ANRaman on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:23 am

The last two postings are very unfair and in complete ignorance of what transpired at Hyderabad. If we will take cognisance of only those activities which give some statutory role for the profession and lambast and lash at everything else I am sorry that we are totally biased and having a narrow view of the profession.

Few members who visit this portal regularly were very much there at Hyderabad for the NCC 2015 and appreciative of the magnificent effort in brand building. Who said Venkiah Naidu did not speak a word about the profession. Such a view needs to be rubbished. In fact he went ahead and said that the profession has to look beyond mere statutory compliance role. As a concluding remark he even said that just as CMA profession has expectation from the GOI the Goi also has an expectation from the Government.

It is very unfortunate that we use this portal only for lashing at the Central Council and not motivate and recognise the due efforts. I am sure that CMA Ramesh Joshi who was there will very much agree with me.

CMA A.N.Raman
ANRaman

Postby sudhakaricwai on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:36 pm

if something really good happened at NCC I am the first one to celebrate it.

My comments based on the news published in Hindu and uploaded by Institute in its website. It looks info is missing in the news published.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/economy/indiato-achieve-7-growth-in-2015-16-venkaiah/article6845430.ece

Also nice to hear some updates from Mr Raman with regard to NCC.
sudhakaricwai

Postby ANRaman on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:45 pm

Pl see the last page of today Business Line ie 3rd Feb 2015. One full page of proceedings coverage.

CMA A.N.Raman
ANRaman

Postby cma28321 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:26 am

In fact he went ahead and said that the profession has to look beyond mere statutory compliance role. As a concluding remark he even said that just as CMA profession has expectation from the GOI the Goi also has an expectation from the Government.

I do agree 'expectations are mutual' and more so in our case ' if we have great expectations we should be prepared to accept great expectations from us'. Just getting authorisation for signing and for a fee doesnt make us any different from other professions which we comment with disdain.

We should be prepared shoulder responsibility when we enjoy authority. Also, let us constructively talk about bad quality of reports being delivered by CMAs, Ornamental Cost Audits and those retired old-timer CMAs who practice and accept audits for few thousands thus blocking way for enterprising youngsters who have determination to add value to audits.
cma28321

Postby cma28321 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:27 am

In fact he went ahead and said that the profession has to look beyond mere statutory compliance role. As a concluding remark he even said that just as CMA profession has expectation from the GOI the Goi also has an expectation from the Government.

I do agree 'expectations are mutual' and more so in our case ' if we have great expectations we should be prepared to accept great expectations from us'. Just getting authorisation for signing and for a fee doesnt make us any different from other professions which we comment with disdain.

We should be prepared shoulder responsibility when we enjoy authority. Also, let us constructively talk about bad quality of reports being delivered by CMAs, Ornamental Cost Audits and those retired old-timer CMAs who practice and accept audits for few thousands thus blocking way for enterprising youngsters who have determination to add value to audits.
cma28321

Next

Return to Information - ICAI Related